Artisanal Reef Fishing
Enjoy a half day of artisanal reef fishing with your children or friends. Its easy and requires no experience. Join us and catch a wide variety of reef fish.
Artisanal reef fishing is a type of bottom fishing done in a wood/fiberglass boat. Bottom fishing is fun for everyone regardless of age and experience. Adults, children, professional and novice anglers can enjoy a day of fishing Monte Cristi’s many reefs. There are always several types of fish to catch.
We prepare and bait your bottom rigs with fresh bait. You can catch amberjack, grouper, yellowtail snapper, triggerfish and many other species. The fish you catch on the reefs tend to be smaller. You have the choice to catch and release or keep what you catch. If you decide to keep your catch, we will clean it for you and you can have it prepared at a local restaurant.
Note: The season and water conditions influence the type and quantity of fish you catch.
- Fishing rods, bait and tackle
- Life jackets
- Fish cleaning
- Water and fresh fruit
- Cooler and ice
- Light meal and refreshments (8 hour trips only)
What to bring
- Fishing clothes
- Beach towels
- Containers/bags to store your catch
Payment & Refunds
- It is customary to tip the captain/mate 10-20% for excellent service.
- 100% refund for 48 hours cancellation.
- 100% refunds cancellations due to unavoidable circumstances such as weather.
- 80% refund for cancellations up to 24 hour notice.
- Payments are non-refundable for cancellation notices less than 24 hours.
- Payments are refunded in the manner they were received.
Boats depart from Club Nautico at 6 am and 8 am and at 2 pm to get you to the fishing grounds early.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes before your departure time.
Fishing starts at departure.