Balsa Fishing utilizes a bamboo or palm raft to attract fast swimming fish, like mahi mahi, tuna and wahoo.
Balsa fishing is an inventive way to catch fast moving pelagic fish. We prepare an anchored bamboo or palm raft and carry it out to sea. The raft attracts smaller fish, which attract bigger game fish. Then you simply cast your bait/lure or troll nearby to catch the big game fish and hold on for the fight. It’s kind of cheating, but it works!
Balsa fishing requires two-week minimum advance booking.
- Fishing rods, bait and tackle
- life jackets
- fish cleaning
- water and fresh fruit
- Cooler and ice
What to bring
- Fishing clothes
- Beach towels
- Containers/bags to store your catch
Reservation & Payment
- It is customary to tip the captain/mate 10-20% for excellent service.
- All reservations require full payment in advance.
- 50% will be refunded for cancellations after 48 hours.
- We give full refunds cancels due to unavoidable circumstances such as weather or we can try to reschedule.
Boats depart from Club Nautico between 5 am and 6 am to get you to the fishing grounds early. Fishing starts at departure.
Note: The season and water conditions influence the type and quantity of fish you catch.