Red Snapper Fishing
Red snapper fishing in Monte Cristi
Fish red snapper and other bottom fish in Monte Cristi like the locals do! This is an extreme fishing tour for magnificent red snapper. Drop your lines and wait for a bite or two or three. Then begin to hoist up your lines by hand. This type of fishing is a serious workout and is not for everyone. Don’t worry if you can’t hoist your entire line. The captain and his mates are there to help you.
Red snapper season is year-round and there are no catch or size limits. less than a hand full of the local fishermen fish for these red beauties due to the depths at which they are found (100+ fathoms) and the effort required..
Red snappers are one of the most popular game fish. They are a hard-fighting fish that uses strong, head-shaking tactics rather than long runs when hooked. It is common to catch red snapper from a pound to about 10 pounds. It isn’t uncommon to catch monster snapper that weigh 20. Red snappers are an excellent tasting fish at all sizes.
Capt. Pablo has been fishing red snapper and many other species of fish in Monte Cristi’s waters for over 20 years. He knows know where and how to catch these fish.
Even though, red snapper is the primary target species on this fishing charter, you will catch other species. We start trolling as soon as we leave for and return from the fishing grounds.
Note: The season and water conditions influence the type and quantity of fish you catch.
- Fishing rods, bait and tackle
- Life jackets
- Fish cleaning
- Water and fresh fruit
- Cooler and ice
What to bring
- Fishing clothes
- Beach towels
- Containers/bags to store your catch
Payment & Refunds
- It is customary to tip the captain/mate 10-20% for excellent service.100% refund for 48 hours cancellation.
- 100% refunds cancellations due to unavoidable circumstances such as weather.
- 80% refund for cancellations up to 24 hour notice.
- Payments are non-refundable for cancellation notices less than 24 hours.
- Payments are refunded in the manner they were received.
Boats depart from Club Nautico between 4 am and 5 am to get you to the fishing grounds early.
Fishing starts at departure.